Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long time no blog



I haven't been a very good blog-owner. I go throughout my days laughing at things the kids say, thinking up great ideas for the future, cleaning up mess after mess after mess or just being lazy and soaking it all in. Not a day goes by that I don't think "I should really write that down on our blog." But I never do. Things happen, words are spoken, and I forget. I'm beginning to realize that this is the way life is. All the adorable things our children do and say that we try to commit to permanent memory slowly fade away with the boxed up bibs and bottles and the tucked away report cards. If I focus on it too much it makes me extremely sad... how fleeting childhood is. But when I realize how "cool" (for lack of a better word) my children are becoming, everything gets better. I enjoy hanging out with my big girls even when bedtime was 2 hours ago! Their sense of humor is refreshing and enlightening. Their vision of the world opens up a new, more vibrant dimension for me. Suddenly sitting on the sidewalk playing with roley-poley's for a half hour becomes fascinating. (You really don't want to see the pile of laundry in my bedroom right now.) But today it doesn't bother me. Today I have enjoyed life and let the details fly out the window. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Moore Family said...

When I grow up and decide I want to be a better mom, I want to be just like you!!!!