Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1st day of 1st Grade for Lizzie Jane!




Lizzie FINALLY started 1st grade. I say "finally" because she has been counting down the days for several weeks now. She is so happy to be back in the social scene on a daily basis and especially happy to have her little sister join her on the afternoon bus ride home. She's been sharing all the Kindergarten secrets with Grace to get her ready for her big debut... She's such a little Mommy. I already miss her so much. She is so mature for her age and loves to sit down and have mature conversations with me. She also loves to play with the babies and they love her so much (Hallie usually prefers to be held by Lizzie instead of me!) But today she's off on her own. Exploring the new world of 1st grade with school lunch, snack time and 8 hour days!!! She's a great reader and is sharing her skills with me every night. Her handwriting gets better and better everyday, too. I just can't believe how fast time has flown...yesterday I was telling her to "leave your clothes on!" for the 5oth time, today I'm packing up her lunch box and sending her on her way! I love you Liz! You make me proud!

3 comments:

heidi larsen said...

lizzie looks so grown-up. what a beauty!

Moore Family said...

Stylin' hair Lizzie, I love it. Is going to school all day hard?

Lora Bonham said...

Lizzie says, "Thanks for the message. It is hard to stay at school all day!"