Monday, January 5, 2009

Post-Holiday Blues

Has anyone else got 'em??? For the last month one of the first things I've done each morning is plug in the Christmas tree. The thought of not having that cozy tree-light feeling in our home everyday makes me so sad. Apparently it makes CJ sad, too. This afternoon while the girls were at school I went upstairs to the toy room to take down the little "tacky tree," I like to call it. It has been decorated in neon lights, bulbs and stars the past 3 Christmas Seasons. The kids love it. Anyway, I first took off the ornaments, then the lights and last began to disassemble the tree. CJ came running from across the room just sobbing. At first I thought "What happened? Is he hurt?" Then he laid down on top of the tree and hugged it. He kept trying to pick it up and pull the limbs back down on it. It absolutely broke my heart. I feel your pain, CJ.

7 comments:

Moore Family said...

My house feels so bare. In fact I haven't even put up my old de-core. It's too depressing!
However, it did feel good to push Carter out the door to school this afternoon.

amylouwhosews said...

I'm so right there with you!

Melissa said...

That is too cute! What a doll!

Anonymous said...

"She asked me when the season of joy was supposed to end & I said I didn't really think there was an exact date, so we left the tree up till June that year." Brian Andreas quote. Works for me! Ronda

crystalmaness said...

Girl, I feel it too! We had to rush and take ours down to move on the 28th and I'm still having withdrawals.

brooke and josh said...

I just love our little CJ, he has such a big heart... I cant get over how cute he is.

The Bonham Family said...

The best way to get over post-holiday blues is many of girl's nights!!! Popcorn, treats and a pedicure!! I know it is always sad to take all that beauty down! I wish I could just keep up my tree with the lights on it all year long just for the ambience.