Friday, August 21, 2009

Life

I can't believe another summer has come and gone. The kids are all a few inches taller and I have a few more gray hairs. I'm always amazed when it hits me....how fleeting childhood is.


Lizzie is now a mature "2nd grader" who keeps giving Gracie pointers on where to go and what to do. My responsible, helpful Lizzie. She amazes me. (Except when she gets a little sassy which she does more lately....I guess that comes with getting older but we're hoping it's a phase that time-outs and chores might help cure.) She is a blessing to us all.


Gracie, an-all-day-going 1st grader. Her first day was so hard. Not for her, but for me. Throughout the day I would think about her and tear up over and over. "What if they forget her enzymes. What if she gets a tummy ache. What if she doesn't eat her lunch...What if...What if?" Seeing her all-consuming smile as she ran through the door that afternoon really helped. She is happy so I will try to be, too.


Still I worry.


So it's me and the twins all day now. Did my big girls get into this many messes?? I can't really remember. All I know is that if I leave the babies out of site for more than 5 minutes, I'm in big trouble! I was on the phone with my sister for 10 minutes a few days ago. In that time they managed to dump a bag of chips and jump up and down in them, shuck a few ears of corn in the corner and leave the mess on the floor and empty an entire container of wipes.


Normal? You tell me. It seems like they've been replaced with "thing 1" and "thing 2."


In all my "spare time" (from napping hours of 1-4pm and evening hours of 9-12) I've decided to start a new business and I'm in LOVE! It began suddenly and I realized how much I loved it and how much my friends and family wanted it and it sort-of evolved into a little business over about 3 weeks time! You can check out my initial website (I will get a real one when I get the moolah) at http://www.loraelizabethstampedjewelry.com/ I will be coming up with new stuff every week or two so check back.


So here's to new beginnings! Back-to-school and mommies letting go....Potty-training and life without binkies.....And hammering away at midnight!



2 comments:

carey said...

I remember so many of those same feelings when Liam started first grade, Lora. I was scared out of my mind! He's starting 4th grade tomorrow...and you know? School has been so good for him. Our school nurse(s) have been so helpfu and the teachers have all worked with us in keeping in healthy. Take a deep breath...it will be ok. :)

The Bonham Family said...

That is so true, I don't know what it is about this time of year that always makes me feel like they are all growing up way too quick. I love all of your jewlery on your web-site. I hope you have a ton of fun on your trip! You deserve it!