Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall has arrived



I love this time of year. I'm always reminded of my youth when I walk to the mailbox and feel the light breeze, hear the rustling of the leaves and feel the slight chill in the air. It reminds of school supplies, football games, apple pies and home. I miss home all the time, but especially in the fall. Before the girls started school we had a ritual of going home every October for an entire month while Craig was off hunting. I've missed that trip terribly the past two years. Maybe next year the babies will be big enough that I will attempt to fly with all of them. But for now we'll pass the time with making caramel apples, burning cinnamon candles and cuddling up with my 4 cozy kiddos for movies and hot chocolate. Doesn't get much better than this.

1 comment:

Nicole S. said...

Mmmmmm those apples look soooo good!