Monday, October 19, 2009

Two peas in a pod





Time has never gone faster than since the twins were born. They have brought a whole new meaning to "busy" in my life. Now that they are 2 1/2 and beginning to do much more for themselves (get a snack from the pantry, putting on shoes, etc) I'm able to sit back more and see what fun little miracles they are in our family. They make me laugh every day as they chat with each other about Nanny and Papaw, Duke or poops.


I've realized lately how much they've changed me as a mother, too. With my first two I was so worried about doing everything right on time. Bottle gone by 1 year old; Potty trained by 2 years old; Getting rid of the binkie by 2 years old. With the twins and hang on to any and everything that makes life a little simpler and easier. Binkies? Still got 'em. Diapers? Still wearing them. And I don't feel the slightest bit of guilt over either. Sometimes you just do what keeps you and your family sane and don't feel the need to offer apologies. We, women, need to realize that life is just too fast and too short to load ourselves down with guilt for all the petty things in life. Just live. Just enjoy. Just relax.


3 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh, I completely agree with you!! Dallin's almost three and I haven't even attempted potty training. I refuse to stress about it though...its so much easier when they're totally ready anyway instead of trying to force it.

(and those carmel apples below look so yummy!)

Nicole S. said...

Your twins are so cute. I have only seen them a few times. When we were at Granddma Bonham's birthday party back in Aug, CJ was running around and I was like,"who is that cute kid?". It took me a minute to figure it out! haha

Melissa said...

What a great post! (And nice to know that I am not the only mother out there with a 3-yr old still in diapers!) You're a great mom!