Saturday, January 30, 2010

The little things


Tonight Craig and I went out for a quick dinner. Very quick, because it was getting late and our young babysitters needed to be home. We sat and ate (too much) and talked as fast as we could about this and that. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy talking to Craig (probably because we seldom finish a conversation without a child interrupting or the phone ringing.) It was so nice to talk in complete sentences. We both recently got new phones and are trying to become more techno savvy (we're learning to text...I know.) As I finished my last sip of diet coke I heard a little beep beep beep. I picked up my new fancy little phone and it said,"One new text message." I clicked on it and it only said the following:

"I love you." Sent by the man across the table from me.

Funny how those three little words still make me tear up sometimes.

I love that man.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so proud of you joining the world of texting!! Im also proud of Craigy!! Caden told me after Wades birthday party that he thinks he should have Haley come on a date with him casue he loves her. So random but cute! I want to plan a movie with the kiddos while they are off track this week is perfect for us so Ill give you a call. Love ya Jen

Kacey said...

Ok...that is the sweetest thing!

And I totally understand about having adult conversations. Malia just got a lecture today on how she doesn't need to be a part of EVERY conversation Bill & I have...even though she thinks she does. lol :-)

(so is your cell phone number the same as before?)