Thursday, July 8, 2010

Who Am I?


It's almost midnight. Everyone in my house is asleep. I should be asleep but this is the first minute I've had alone all day. And I need it. I've been doing some thinking lately. With the kids out of school for the summer, my days are completely consumed with them. Feeding them, breaking up their fights, entertaining them, listening to their stories, helping Grace with meds and chest pt's...and the list goes on and on. So, this has stirred some thought within me lately. WHO AM I?????


A few nights ago I lie awake in bed thinking about this question. I know what I used to be passionate about. I know what I used to love. But that was 9 years ago before the kids starting coming. Since my first was born I feel like I've lost a little piece of myself with each one. I'm not complaining. I wouldn't change a thing. I am blessed beyond measure to have these little people in my life... I'm just not sure who I am anymore.


The babies will start preschool in a month. 5 hours of alone time EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I think it is time to find out what this woman is all about again.


The following will be on my agenda:


1. Start writing children's books again and start submitting to publishers

2. Learn new techniques for jewelry making

3. Be a better blogger


I'll let you know what I find out.

4 comments:

Kacey said...

Oh my gosh Lora...I am so in the same boat. In fact, I have been thinking about it so much lately and was even kind of venting about this same thing to Bill the other night... about how I feel like I've lost my creative edge and the constantly being needed is so constant I don't have time to think some days (especially with summer!). So glad I'm not the only one. Making a list is such a good idea!

Anderson Archive said...

Lora - I stumbled across your blog one very late night during aimless surfing doing exactly that - pondering life and my role other than mommy. If you ever want to partner up on the children's book thing I have at least 4 percolating in my head!

The Bonham Family said...

Lora lou lou- I do agree that the day's often go to quickly and I think every mommy has a list and wish they could do more and be more creative! You are such an incrdible mom and your kids are very lucky to have you. Im thinking we get a sitter and go get pedi's, movie and buttered popcorn! Love you, Jen
A guy in my old ward writes children's books alot to do with kids and responsibilities and teaching methods but they are darling and I have a few, I should get you a few to read to your kids.

Anonymous said...

A time and a season, my dear friend. Time and season. Love you -