Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Hallie and CJ!




Two years ago today I gave birth to our twins Hallie and CJ. It has been the fastest two years of my life! It has been filled with sleepless nights, unparalleled joy and tears of happiness, guilt, fear and fatigue.




They were born C-section. Hallie came out first and surprised us with her little cleft-lip. CJ came a few minutes later and had the face of Curious George. I've called him my little monkey since. Hallie weighed 4 lbs 5 oz and CJ was 5 lbs 14 oz. I still don't know how they both fit inside of me but I do remember how abnormally huge my stomach was. Craig just laughed every time he saw my naked body. In retrospect I'm glad I had him to help me see the humor in my hugely disfigured body.









They stayed in the hospital for 2 1/2 weeks after birth and I remember going to bed every night feeling so empty without them. When they finally came home I began to understand what true sleep deprivation was. 3 a.m. feedings were the hardest. I remember looking over at Craig feeding Hallie, his head bobbing up and down, eyes closed... then before I realized it I was doing the same thing! As they grew it became easier but I still remember many mornings going to get them out of their cribs, sitting in the floor and feeding them then falling asleep on their floor while they crawled all over me. I'd give anything for a few more minutes of sleep.






They love each other so much! When Hallie wakes up in the morning she shouts, "CJ! C JAAAAAAAAAAY!" until he sleepily responds, "No, no, no, no." Apparently he loves to sleep like his mom. They laugh at each other and comfort each other when they're sad. And every time I give CJ a snack he reaches out his other hand and says, "Hallie?"

They are my little miracles. (aren't they all?) We wanted them so badly and remembering how hard I prayed and hoped and dreamed about them makes them even more endearing. Happy Birthday to my sweet little double trouble....Hallie and CJ!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

They are darling! You are an amazing mom!

The Bonham Family said...

Happy Birthday to those sweet kids! I can't believe they are 2 still. I remember coming up to the hospital and you were so strong, I would have never guessed you just had twins. You are an amazing mom and handle everything so much better than I could dream of doing. We just love your kids and am so sad we have had such a crazy year not to be able to spend more time with them. Happy Birthday CJ & Haley We love you so much!

Jolynn Jones said...

That is so sweet! I bet it was so hard having double the night time feedings. But seeing them so close it makes it worth it!

Moore Family said...

These pictures make your older girls look like teenagers, they grow up way too fast.
Happy birthday to both cuties!

heidi larsen said...

happy birthday little cuties.

carey said...

What adorable pictures. :) Time flies, huh? Hope you are doing well. We are going to be at Primary's tomorrow for Liam's visit. It would be so much fun to run into you one of these times!