Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sugar coma


Is anyone else feeling disgusting about all the crap they have ingested over the past week with all the Halloween festivities? Candy corn. Twix bars. Cream cheese frosting. You name eat and chances are I've eaten it over the past few days. I should have just saved myself the trouble and applied them all directly to the thighs and buttocks. Why is it that food=fun. If we're eating good food we're having a great time, right? Well today I put all the cookies, treats, junk in big ziplocs and put it in the freezer. (My mother is always in the back of my head telling me "Don't you dare through that away! That is wasteful!") So I just freeze it and forget it.


Funny Story:

Sunday night, after having a dinner of a sugar cookie, Hallie's left over butterfinger and an E.L. Fudge, I hunkered down at my computer in an almost sugar coma. In the background I can hear little 2 1/2 year old Hallie saying, "Dooooon't chuch it! Dooooon't chuch it! It YUUUUUCKY!" To which Gracie responded, "What is it Hallie." Hallie said, "It poop on da flowa. (floor)" I was still kind of zoned out and then it clicks what they are talking about. I run over and sure enough, there is something brown on the carpet. Chocolate, perhaps? I bend down to sniff. NOPE. Hallie was right. So for the next 5 minutes I'm scrubbing with a hot, wet rag and scrubbin bubbles. Again I overhear my two oldest talking about how mom is cleaning up the poop. I hear Lizzie, my 8 year old, say so matter-of-factly..."Yeah I saw that earlier today. Pretty gross, huh?" Boy, did I fail in teaching my children that when they see a brown blob on the carpet that does not look or smell like chocolate, they need to inform their mother. So, apparently 8 years too late, my four children got a lesson on general hygiene from their half-comatose from sugar, Mom.


4 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

That is hilarious! I can totally picture Lizzie and am thinking that is funny! She is so cute! Don't ever worry you are a great mommy I could tell you stories that would make you feel much better!! I love this time of year and all the treats you end up eating for dinner!

Lindsey said...

You are so hillarious! I am still laughing!!!

Moore Family said...

Seriously who raises wild animals like that? Just kidding! Great story. Have fun on your trip!

brooke and josh said...

Oh how i wish i could have been there!So funny!I think i will be a little more cautious while eating chocolate in the future.j/k