Monday, July 7, 2008

Hallie's Day at the Hospital





I first must tell you how much I love Primary Children's Medical Center. For any of you that have had a baby there for any period of time you know what I mean. It is such a special place that I almost feel reverent every time I walk in (and I'm there a lot!) A friend told me when she had son there that an older nurse said that she honestly believed there was an angel at the foot of every bed. I must admit that I agree with that nurse whole heartedly. I've felt comforted time and time again as I rocked my sick babies.

Hallie had her second surgery on her cleft lip this morning. I was amazed how quickly and smoothly our visit went. We checked in then met with Dr. Siddiqi and the anesthesiologist. He took Hallie back to surgery while we grabbed some breakfast in the cafeteria and by the time we got back they were finished! She was so happy almost the entire time. The only thing that she got sad about was having to take off the hospital pj's and leave them there. It was so funny but she kept reaching for them and crying. Amused that that could be the reason for her being so sad, we put the little hospital top back on top of her pj's from home to see if it would make her happy. Sure enough, she tucked her arms up under her chin as if hugging herself in her favorite pair of jammies. It was so dang cute and it broke my heart to make her leave them there. Then we came home and cuddled up in bed for a long nap. Thanks so much to Rachel and Suzanna for the yummy food. You guys are so thoughtful and made my day so much easier!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dr. Siddiqi's partner did my neices lip and they were very pleased. I'm glad to hear everything went well.

heidi larsen said...

so glad that all went well! hallie is adorable! such a happy little spirit! let me know if i can do anything for you! i should come and get lizzie and gracie to play for a little while! i will call you! love you, and again, SO glad that you have a blog now! :)

Kacey said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Sounds like she was a little trooper through it all!

(Cute family picture up top!)

The Bonham Family said...

Im so happy you have your cute blog now! I had no idea she had her surgery yesterday I am so so sorry! Im glad all went well. I hope your all doing well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well. I love Primary Childrens, it is an amazing hospital. I love your blog, so fun!